Josephine Archer – Argyle Mine
2. Only buy GIA/Argyle certificated stones.
3. 1-1.5 carat stones are the most sought after but costly.
4. Recommended investment size £100,000
5. Investment term 5 years +
Factors that influence pricing (in order of importance):
- - Colour saturation and intensity
- - Rarity of colour and size
- - Presence of secondary colour and saturation eg: purplish pink/orangey pink
- - Carat size
- - Cut
- - Clarity
- Some of the most sought after combinations of the above can command prices in excess of £500,000 a carat. Below is the colour grading used by the GIA and Argyle. Whilst prices for almost all pink diamonds continue to rise we recommend buying Fancy Intense or better and Argyle Grade 1-5. These are the most sought after investment pieces and command huge premiums.
said Josephine Johnson, business manager at rio tinto’s argyle Pink Diamonds.“China is particularly interesting because of the rapid growth in the appreciation and understanding of pink diamonds.”
tiffany & co. boasts more stores in asia than the U.s. (102 to 91).
80% of diamond sales at a recent christie‘s auction went to asian buyers. largely due to asian interest pink diamond prices have risen on average 16-18% pa. major auctioneers now choose Hong Kong to showcase their diamonds.
a 0.59 carat Fancy intense Pink Diamond (gia), available now. Price on application.
contact vicore Diamonds today to safeguard your wealth and diversify your investment portfolio.